Friday, November 26, 2010

It Seems Fitting...


It seems fitting that I begin a blog named after a piece of New Genesis technology with a post about Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen's The Great Darkness Saga. Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge Legion novice. I'm not overly familiar with the characters or the stories, which I know is a pretty egregious offense for a comic fan of my magnitude. Recently I purchased the terrible Superman/Batman: Apocalypse simply because I adore all the supplemental features they add to the Blu-Ray copies of the DCU animated films. This particular collection had an excellent documentary about Jack Kirby's New Gods which featured prominently a discussion of the Levitz/Giffen Legion run. So when I walked into my LCS (that's Local Comic Shop for the unitiated) today for their big after-Thanksgiving sale, I decided that one of my big purchases would be the newly minted hardcover of this oh so famous of Legion tales. I'm very excited to be holding such a piece of comics history in my hands and I can't wait to devour it. I think I'll get started on that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment