Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kurt Busiek


When you think of the best comic writers in the industry, the guys who have consistently brought good work to the table regardless of how many years they've been in the business, Kurt Busiek has to be in that discussion. Perhaps the most consistent writer in all of comics, Busiek has been a bigger influence on me than I ever realized, especially with his comic Astro City. The concept of how the world around a world full of superheroes works is fascinating and the stories are good and engaging to this day. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't more than a little Astro City in my own superhero concept.

Needless to say, when it came time to start setting up interviews for this new endeavor, Busiek was at the top of my list. Asking creators you've never met for interviews is always a little odd, especially when you consider I'm no more prolific than I am. I like to think I'm starting to get the reputation throughout the industry as a good interview, but I doubt that information has carried to the ears of Mr. Busiek. So far, the creators in the comic industry have been amazing when it comes to requests for interviews and review copies and I have no reason to believe Kurt Busiek will be any different. Still, it's a little butterfly-inducing when you ask one of your biggest creative influences if he wants to sit down and have a very personal chat about his journey into comics and his process as a writer.

I hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment