Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jim Shooter

If I had to sit down and rank my favorite comic book editors of all time, the number one slot would likely come down to a coin flip between Mark Chiarello and Jim Shooter. So when I saw on Robot 6 today that Jim Shooter had launched a new blog, I immediately went to check it out.

Like I said above, it's a new blog, so there's not a lot of content yet, but what content there is is fantastic. So far, Shooter's just been telling stories about how he got interested and then involved with comics as a kid. And I do mean kid. He was barely a teenager when he began writing the Legion for National Comics.

Shooter is a lifer, to be sure, but it's his time spent as Marvel's Editor-in-Chief, when he presided over such titles as Claremont and Byrne's Uncanny X-Men, Frank Miller's run on Daredevil, and of particular import to me, Walter Simonson's The Mighty Thor, that introduced me to the man. He was also the man in charge when Marvel went cosmic, which led to a series of titles directly responsible for my love of comic books.

Despite the fact that Shooter has become one of the most polarizing people in the industry, he's still one of my favorites. Given the nature of his posts so far, it looks as if his blog will be insightful for anyone trying to break into the industry. And let's be honest, if you're reading this blog (and you're name isn't Chip Mosher) you're probably trying to break into the industry.

Here's the link: http://www.jimshooter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment