Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tools of the Trade - Jim Demonakos

Jim Demonakos is the founder of Emerald City Comic-Con, Seattle's premier comics event (and my personal favorite convention).  When Jim isn't busy organizing ECCC, he's playing music with the kings of Nerd Rock, Kirby Krackle.  I asked Jim what the one thing is he couldn't do without, the one thing that he finds integral to his creative spirit.  This is what he said.

"The beach. Considering I live in Seattle which is not really known for beaches, it’s not an obvious choice. No swimming required, which is good because the Puget Sound is generally freezing, but the thing is, anytime I have a long block in creativity and I can’t find my way to the next part of the story, or if I need to figure out a series of events, I find going down to the beach, listening to the waves and staring off into the horizon while I let my brain escape from every other distraction is my best tool. That, and a good nap." 


Here's Kirby Krackle's song "In Another Castle."



And here's a video of how to play the song yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment